About Me

My photo
I am a mum to three beautiful kids and wife to a gorgeous man. We live on the fabulous NW coast of Tasmania, and this is a slice of my life - kids, adoption, family, dogs, chooks, God and more!

Sunday 17 April 2011

Coming Up for Air

Little One
Annabelle Clare


Whew!!! What a few weeks it has been . My stint as single parent is now officially over (yeehah!!) as the Husband started holidays on Friday. Mind you, he has spent most of today at the orifice/office tying up loose ends, but it is now all done and he is officially on three weeks holiday - yay!!!! In other news, the past fortnight has been pretty sad with our two lovely bunnies getting myxomatosis and having to be put down. I have never been with a pet before whilst it was euthanized and I can safely say I NEVER want to do it again. Very traumatic indeed. So R.I.P Annabelle Clare and Little One - two lovable bunnies who are greatly missed, especially by my Big Girl who was their mum.
In other, more cheerful news, the Big Girl and I are off on a bit of a holiday in less than a fortnight!! We are off to Melbourne for a girly trip, focusing on shopping, shows and fabulous food. I have also been conned into going to a football match at the MCG by my baby sister. Now those of you who know me well will be familiar with my passionate hatred for all things football, but the Big Girl convinced me that we should go for the experience - not to mention the fact that her team is playing her Auntie's team on the day we are attending!! We are also off to see King Tut at the Melbourne Museum, and to see a show at the Melbourne Comedy Theatre. We are going all out and staying in a beautiful inner city hotel, and for those of you who are interested, I will be revealing a special little surprise when I return - photographs will be posted, so keep watching!!
Must be off and conjure up some dinner for the starving troops. Catch you again soon xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Yay on husband holiday, er, I mean the husband being on holiday *lol*. Yay on the husband holiday aka girls trip across the creek for playdate in Melbourne.

    I'm off to Tut in August (when down for the romance writers conference).

    Finally a big hug & sad face for the bunnies :( My teen & I had to go through that with our cat of 16years. Teen made the choice to hold her as we wished her goodbye from this life. It was hard. And we still miss her heaps.

    ReplyDelete